Tone of a voice is not about what you say, but rather the way that you say it, and the impression it makes on everyone who reads or hears you.
Zoomcar is transparent, empathetic, friendly and energetic and so we care about the way we are heard or read. After figuring out various situations in which human interaction occurs, there are broadly 3 categories in which our product communication varies.
- 1.Constructive Tone - When the context for the user produces positive feeling. For example, in cases of savings, benefits, confirmation messages etc.
- 2.Objective Tone - When the conversation is more informatory and transactional. For example, in cases of instructions, CTA microcopy, payments etc.
- 3.Gloomy Tone - When the context for the user produces negative feeling. That part where you feel like listening to lo-fi chill music. :P For example, in cases of error messages, car not available etc.
Following are some use cases of the 3 variations of tones and there usage.
1. REFER AND EARN
Before: You earn 500 credits, your friend gets 30% (upto Rs.2500) off on their first booking of atleast 8 hours.
After: Get a benefit of 500 credits on your bookings. Also take a treat from your friend as they get 30% off (upto Rs. 2500/-) on their first booking of atleast 8 hours.
Use of words/ phrases: benefit ; on your booking ; take a treat
- Bring positivity out as the outcome of the action
- Provide purpose of the credits earned
- Make it playful and friendly
2. OFFER APPLIED
Before: // No communication ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After: Wow, you just saved Rs. 1,200/- on MONSOON coupon.
Use of words/ phrases: Wow ; save Rs. 1200/- ; MONSOON
- Cheerful message
- Total savings
- Medium of savings
1. CAR LOCATION IN SEARCH
Before: Your car will be allocated within A to B kms from your search location in XYZ area. Click on '?' icon for more details.
After: Hey, this car will be available within 3kms in Domlur area. To know more, click on the icon.
Use of words/ phrases: within 3kms in Domlur area ; click on the icon
- Clear instructions
- User should be informed about the icon
Before: Eliminate Refundable Deposit: Pre-authorise your credit card and eliminate refundable deposit.
After: Don't Pay Refundable Deposit: Just pre-authorise your credit card and you don't have to pay refundable deposit for your booking anytime.
Use of words/ phrases: don't have to pay ; for your booking anytime
- Simple to understand
- One time action only
- Benefits of the action
1. CREDITS EMPTY
Before: No credits: Looks like there aren't any credits available.
After: Sorry, you have no more credits available. Take a trip with zoomcar and earn more credits.
Use of words/ phrases: Sorry ; take a trip ; earn more credits
- Empathetic for the user
- Action to earn more credits
2. MORE THAN ONE TRIP
Before: Overlap bookings: Oops! A user can't have more than one booking in the same time period. Please find your existing booking in 'My Trips' page.
After: Oops! Planning for a second booking? For now we don't allow more than one car booking in the same period. You can check your existing booking in 'My Trips' page.
Use of words/ phrases: Oops ; For now we don't allow ; You can check
- Empathetic for the user
- Clear the reasoning
- Take the blame
- Direct the user to other existing action